CSPdWeek is Back
Due to overwhelming demand, CSPdWeek will return to Colorado School of Mines the week of July 19th-24th, 2020.
What is CSPdWeek?
CSPdWeek is a week-long residential professional development experience for computer science educators to support teachers and schools in offering inclusive and rigorous computer science learning opportunities. In addition to the National CSPdWeek in Colorado, many regions, states and communities are offering their own satellite CSPdWeeks as well.
What makes “CSPdWeek”?
- A week-long summer program to prepare teachers and schools for teaching CS.
- A variety of evidence-based professional learning programs are offered to prepare teachers for specific CS courses.
- Teachers and schools commit to teaching these courses before registering for event.
- Hosted on college campuses to provide residential setting that fosters community-building amongst participants
- Evening events bring participants together with educators from across programs for dinner, invited speaker talks, and entertainment
- CS education leaders highlight efforts to broaden participation in computing nationwide throughout the week, including the first-day welcome and during evening events
- Free of cost to participants
Where can I find a CSPdWeek near me?
Many states, districts, and CSTA Chapters are planning to offer their own CSPdWeeks! We’ll be posting a list soon, but anyone who’s looking for PR or help planning their own CSPdWeek should fill out the form here.